Tuesday, June 3, 2014

#12 breakthrough

Last night as I was painting on Little Oil #12, the final painting of my "Figure out how to handle oil paint!" series, I had a major breakthrough. The value study was a combination of Naples Yellow Light, Sap Green and Ultramarine Blue. When I applied the local color, Burnt Sienna, to the little copper pot it practically painted itself. Now, that's the way it is supposed to be! Fresh, and lively the first time, with no second (or third or fourth) effort to get a fresh look. Whew! Just in time. I want to go on to a larger painting.

All twelve of the little oils will be posted for sale. "Blessed" is first up and is now on the DPW auction with very good traffic stats, followers and bidding with 5 days to go. I know not everyone likes the auction process so I will post these paintings June 4th on my Studio Sales blog for purchase directly from me using Pay Pal. If they don't sell on Studio Sales, I'll offer them at auction on Daily Paintworks.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats for your new achievements. Its nice work, but I mis your old oils and pastels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Kami. I needed a new challenge and a new medium and subject has given me that. Thanks for missing my 'usual' work.

    ReplyDelete