Friday, January 2, 2015

simplification

I'm going to be working toward simplification in 2015. Simplification in my finished work (simplified shapes and values) as well as in the way I work. In the Spring, my studio and office will be separated. No more tempting dings from the computer when a new email comes in. Yes, I know I could just turn down the volume but it wouldn't work. I would become curious, stop painting and go to the computer and look.

Acrylic seems like a simple medium so I'm trying it. No solvents, easy clean up. Shown above are the three little paintings and my first hour of exploration with acrylic paint. So far, so good. In fact, some nice surprises and glazing and lifting color back off (a favorite technique of mine in all mediums). I don't know where these three little paintings will end up but today, I am hopeful.


2 comments:

  1. Interactives are my favourite paints - I haven't picked up my oils since I started using them. I love your new work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Leesa. Except for an occasional pastel, I plan to stay with acrylics until May. We'll see how it goes...

    ReplyDelete