Friday, July 31, 2015

Goodbye, Hello

Goodbye to all my stashed pastels! I had boxes of pastels:  some especially for workshops, pristine unopened sets for landscape work, boxes of special pastels I wanted to save. Save for what? I emptied all my boxes into my working boxes. May as well use them now - if not now, when?

I took the hinges and handles off my two Dakota Art boxes and lined them up on a table next to my pastel easel. Next, I rearranged all my pastels with white, gray and black in the middle, cools to the left and warms to the right. No particular reason why other than that I haven't had them arranged this way before. With them all in one place, I was inspired to paint.

Red Trees, 6.25 x 4.25 inches  sold
Red Trees is my first offering on Daily Paintworks since last February! Good news to WA collectors: sales tax is less in my new location. Click here to see this painting on Daily Paintworks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment