Monday, December 4, 2017

Gouache under pastel

You may remember my October post about painting a scene for a new cookbook. I'm at it again, this time for the cover. I'm painting from the author's reference photo of Kalaloch, Washington but I changed the time of day to sunset.
Photo by Lynn Adams
I love using gouache as an underpainting for pastel because it dries matte and looks like pastel.
The paper is UArt 600 grit.
Lynn's Kalaloch, pastel, 10 x 9 inches
Mock-up for new book about Olympics
Once-a month Open Studio in 2018
Three-hour session on a weekday in my Black Diamond, WA Studio with a mid-session break for muffins and tea while I demo. Hmmm...I'm thinking about it. Email me if you would like a list of tentative dates and cost. Barbara Newton at Comcast dot net

No comments:

Post a Comment