Friday, January 5, 2018

LOVE the iPhone 8 camera!

Around the middle of December I posted images of three 6x6 oils I thought were done. They weren't. I painted on each of them again and now they really are done because I varnished them today. 

I also took photos with my new iPhone 8 instead of the Panasonic Lumix FZ35 camera I have been using for years for the high resolution shots I need. The resolution of the iPhone 8 is great and the color is soooo much better than my Panasonic.

I have always spent a lot of time adjusting the color to make sure what you see is what you get. It was time consuming. But today, I took a photo of one of these outdoors and all I had to do was lighten it to make the color perfect (I always shoot my photos with a Kodak color bar). The other two I shot at the easel under a mixture of warm and cool lights and the final photo required very little tweaking for correct color. I'm so happy! So, here they are again.

Last Dahlias, oil, 6x6 inches
Peony, oil, 6x6 inches
Begonia, oil, 6x6 inches

No comments:

Post a Comment