Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Every Child

I imagine you are as tired of this one as I am but I'm finally happy with it. I had to rearrange my studio to finish it because wet oil paint reflects light and in the afternoon, the light is in my studio is too strong even with the blinds closed. I moved my easel so it doesn't not face the light. This also allowed me to place my old iMac beside the easel to bring up the reference photo.

You may notice that I have reworked the child's hair, added white to the fork, his shirt and to great grandmother's blouse. I have decided the child in this painting is every child my sister has held and comforted...her children, her grand children and now her great grandchild. 

Great Grandparents, oil, 20x20 inches (Version 7-24-18)
©2018 Barbara Benedetti Newton

No comments:

Post a Comment