Friday, April 15, 2011

making the cut...or not

In February, I posted an image of completed paintings hanging all in row in my studio. They were waiting framing and the decision about which show they would be entered into before they went to a gallery. To date, four of those paintings have been framed entered into shows. Now it is time to make decisions about the rest and order frames.

It just occurred to me that I am doing my own American Idol competition here. Not all paintings will go on...some will NOT make the cut. The paintings were hanging in no particular order but today, the painting that will go "home" is Hometown Heartstrings.

I tried to use my save on it by making a few adjustments but in the end, 98% got reworked. Now it is Hometown Heartstrings II.

2 comments:

  1. Barbara,
    Would it be possible to show us in a post the kind of frames you use? So often I see gorgeous artwork done by wonderful artists such as yourself, but I'd love to see it taken one step further and include discussion about framing these works.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My frame choices are pretty uninteresting and conservative. Usually a single off white wide mat and plain walnut wood frame. I would love to frame my pastels without a mat but I just can't get used to the way they look that way...I like that off white border around each image. If I can get together a post that might tell you and others something they don't know about framing, I'll do it.

    ReplyDelete