With another birthday approaching, it occurred to me to review all the paintings in my studio and divide them into two categories: those I am proud to leave to my heirs and those that might end up in a garage sale (with my name on them).
So, I'm beginning the process of getting rid of the mediocre work...one way or another. First up is a little 9x12 to be reworked into something better. I brushed off the pastel, turned the paper upside down, and after about an hour the top part looked good to me but the rest just wasn't coming together. I sent the image by email to several members of an artist's critique group I belong to and asked for 'a little help from my friends.' With good feedback from them, I was able to resolve the foreground and I'm now happy with the painting.
Here is the image I sent to them by email for critique: