Tuesday, December 6, 2011

my DPW experiment

About a month ago I joined Daily Paintworks and to date I have posted 10 paintings. What fun! My thanks to all who have commented, encouraged and purchased paintings! I have learned a lot and have made plans to change a few things next year.

Price: While I was getting to know my way around DPW, I have priced my paintings at $1.00 per square inch as my "experiment" price. That is far less than the amount the same painting would sell for in one of my galleries. Beginning January 1, 2012, painting prices will increase.

Shipping: I have shipped sold paintings in a USPS Priority Mail flat rate box - not the cheapest way to ship but paintings have arrived safe and sound. I will continue to ship this way but beginning January 1, shipping will be FREE within the US.

Medium: Pastel has been my primary medium for the past 9 years. If you have been following this blog, you know that I just started playing in oil (again) and am excited to continue. I hope to add oil paintings to my DPW Gallery.

Once again, thanks to all who have taken time to view my work and the work of the other fine artists at Daily Paintworks!

No comments:

Post a Comment