Friday, August 31, 2012

day dream

My grandsons, 10 and 12, are spending their last days of summer vacation with me. I reworked this 2005 painting today and they suggested titles. The 10 year old thought "A Wish Come True" would be a good title. The 12 year old liked "Zombies at Dusk." I over ruled them both with "Day Dream." Does that give you an idea of my week?

I'm going to post this painting on DPW so you can use the magnifier to see the dusting technique I've included in some of my work during the past year. I use this special technique when I want random detail or a surprising dash of color.

5 comments:

  1. I don't know, Barbara, it's not too hard to imagine zombies wandering into that clearing! I haven't tried dusting yet but it looks like a great way to add just a little something extra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you explain dusting. I have admired your work for a long time and would like to know what it is.

    Thanks,
    Rosemarie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Rosemarie,
    Dusting or sprinkling is what I call shaving pastel and letting it drop onto your finished painting. It is probably best described in my book, Art Answers: Pastels on pages 92 and 92.

    ReplyDelete