Wednesday, October 10, 2012

paint with me

In my last post I talked about comparing yourself to yourself. That is, your very best work to your not-so-great paintings. I thought you might want to paint along with me by taking a painting you are not completely satisfied with and reworking it into excellence. By the way, excellence is a moving target...what was my best effort 5 years ago was the best I could do at the time. But, each day, week and year of painting improves our skills and vision which increases the confidence that is apparent in our work. Paint every day.
Select a painting and brush the pastel off.
Select a color or two at each end of the value scale. These are the colors I've used so far:  very light pink, very dark blue-violet and a very dark olive green
This is the reference photo I'm using.
Put in the lightest colors and the darkest colors. Are you painting along with me? If so, I'd love to hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment