Saturday, February 2, 2013

bye bye tomatoes

For several months, I've been painting for upcoming shows at Cole Gallery (WA) and Attic Gallery (OR).  Now it's time to play - loosen up, experiment, take myself and my work less seriously.

The next best thing to creating a painting you are pleased with is obliterating a painting that isn't working. Digging around my studio, I found a painting of tomatoes that was pretty bad so I white-washed it a little, turned it upside down and began again.

After adding masses for a landscape, I used my gloved fingernail to scrape some grasses into the foreground so the tomato-red peeks through. Not sure where this will go...I'll keep you posted.


  1. The tomatoes live on! This looks really good already, Barbara!

  2. Thanks Donna. Oh, a lot has happened to this painting since yesterday! I'll post more about it soon.

  3. Oh wow!! That's going to be very interesting! Keep us posted as it progresses. I have a few unsuccessful paintings that I would love to go back into if I even knew where to start :)