Thursday, January 8, 2015

sunrise on our pond

Faithful, acrylic, 6 x 6 inches
I have been meaning to paint scenes from where we live now but I keep getting side-tracked. Fnally, this one is the sunrise over our backyard pond. I have included the reference photo so you can better see my interpretation. I am enjoying the give and take of the interactive acrylics and the ability to lift color. For more information on this medium, see the December 2014 issue of The Artist's Magazine for an article by my friend, Cathy Woo. This is the third acrylic painting of my Leap to Faith trio.




2 comments:

  1. Hi Barbara! I really like your new direction. Did you start with a black gesso ground on this one? I'm a long time oil painter, I switched to acrylics about 2 years ago. I'm really loving acrylics. I have yet to try the interactive acrylics, maybe I will now. I really miss the lifting process. I used to use this technique a lot when I painted in oil. You have inspired me to give them a try. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Loretta. If you scroll down (back in time) on this blog you'll see the three little black acrylic on white Ampersand Gessobord foundations I started with. This one changes the most from the original notan foundation. Good luck with your own work and have fun with those interactives!

    ReplyDelete