If you follow my blog instead of stumbling upon today's post by accident, you know that I am repainting big old pastels from 2005. This one is River's Edge. I painted a small study of it yesterday and changed it quite a bit from the way I looked at things ten years ago. I decided to unframe the painting and use the paper (Wallis Belgium Mist) for a new scene using two small studies I did for a larger version of Dappled Path.
After I brushed and vacuumed off as much pastel as I could from the original painting, I applied acrylic with a 2 inch house painting brush using the small studies as a loose reference for the composition.
This is the new painting about 70% complete. Notice my very limited number of pastels - an added challenge. These are the only ones that are not packed up for the move.