Sunday, August 2, 2015

Paint it twice...

I painted "Leavenworth Pine" twice this morning. I had to rip up the first painting because when I removed the black artist tape that held it to my easel, the tape took the right bottom corner of the Colourfix pastel paper with it. Here is the second try shown in steps...much improved anyway because I was familiar with the subject (same as doing a study for a larger painting).
Leavenworth Pine Step 1
Leavenworth Pine Step2
Leavenworth Pine Step3
Leavenworth Pine, pastel, 6x6 inches   Sold


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work Barbara! I've had a painting ruined by tape as well, but I ended up cutting that section off. This piece is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vanessa. I would have liked to cut that part off but it was too big. I'll be more careful next time.

    ReplyDelete