Saturday, February 13, 2016

Friday 2-12-2016

Cutie, pastel, 5 x 7 inches, sold

Last week I had the pleasure of being a speaker for Women Painters of Washington at Seattle Art Museum. I shared the stage with artist friend Barbara Noonan and together we spoke of our art practices, what motivates us to paint, etc. The collective groan from our audience was in response to the time we spend on the business of art compared to the time we spend painting. We agree that the business of art takes twice as long as our time at the easel.

After one of these small studies is complete I
1. Photograph it
2. Post it to Daily Paintworks for purchase
3. post it to my Pinterest Gallery
4. Post it to my Professional Page on Facebook
5. Blog about it here and post it to my Recent Paintings Blog
6. Enter the painting image and information in my Filemaker Pro Art Database

When it sells I
1. Package it up for shipment,
2. Buy postage online and print a packing slip and shipping label.
3. Record the sale in Quickbooks to create and print an invoice for my records
4. Ship it. NEW TIME SAVER - starting now, I plan to ship only on Wednesdays.

Things I don't have to do for these small paintings:
1. Frame them
2. Deliver them to a gallery or show
 





No comments:

Post a Comment