Tuesday, February 23, 2016

I love grapefruit, do you?

I have fallen in love with a pink grapefruit. Yesterday I sliced one up and took two dozen reference photos. I deleted a few photos, cropped the rest to 5x7 inch format and painted one today. What fun!

So many opportunities with this subject to learn texture, color, value, composition.

I think I will teach a Beginning Pastel workshop with grapefruit as the subject. A one day workshop in my Studio, only three students each day. If you are interested, please email me...barbara newton at comcast dot net.     Click on each photo below to see my enthusiasm for this subject.



Pink Grapefruit 1, pastel, 5x7 inches  sold

2 comments:

  1. Barbara, your work on this grapefruit is so lively, your enjoyment in the painting is evident! I love it. Would you mind telling me the grounds you are using? Pastelmat? Uart?? Just curious, thanks, your blog is very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the past 6 months or so I've been working on Pastelmat. Love it! Thanks for reading my blog.

    ReplyDelete