Monday, March 12, 2018

Let there be light

About the time that I was struggling to see the high-key painting I was working on, I received an email from Beth asking about my Studio lighting. I finished the painting but when I took it off the easel and walked around the studio with it, it looked different depending upon the light. After a couple days of thinking about it, I decided that to paint my best I really need all the natural light I can get. So, I ripped my Studio apart (again) to move both easels for natural light. If you have a studio and a bunch of STUFF you know it isn't just moving the easel. Much better now.





I spent a long time selecting my track lighting and I'm very happy with it but it is very bright and I needed a more subtle light for high-key work. Now, I have the option of using natural light from the windows, overhead light (very warm) or track lighting (color corrected but very bright).







3 comments:

  1. Hi Barbara,
    Doing a quick search to investigate your bulb I found that there is a recall on Satco bulbs, not sure if yours is included: https://www.ledinside.com/news/2014/3/satco_products_recalls_kolourone_led_light_bulbs_due_to_risk_of_injury

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Thanks for your interest in my lighting. I checked this recall from 2014 out and the bulb I use is not listed.
      Barbara

      Delete
  2. Hello, Thanks for your interest in my lighting. I checked this recall from 2014 out and the bulb I use is not listed.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete