Saturday, September 18, 2010

starting again, again

The second day of the Handell workshop started with an overcast morning. Loaded with plein air gear, I wandered around looking for my morning painting spot. Just off the road I found dry, sleepy grasses in beautiful subdued colors. A few hours later, in full sun, the grasses became boldly upright and crisp with lots of hard edges. I liked my painting from that morning but, once again, I consider it workshop work so today I hosed it down to the ghost image to begin again.

2 comments:

  1. I love the pastel you will have in the Richeson Landscape exhibit. I'm going to have to go there sometime as I don't think it is too far away from me. Anyway it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Deb. I'll have two paintings there. Hope you get a chance to visit and let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete