Thursday, September 2, 2010

looking for clues

I begin to look for clues - a color, shape or texture might suggest what I could do next. With a stiff brush dipped in water in one hand and a paper towel in the other hand, I begin to lift the red watercolor off the paper in selected small places within the focal area. Lift, blot, lift, blot. I also lift color to play with the shape on the left that suggests a tree. Next, with a beautiful blue (B120) Terry Ludwig pastel I add an area that might be a sky and an area that might be water. I know the name of the color only because I just got his small box of ultramarine blues and they are still in order. What I've done may stay, go, or change in some way...I don't know yet.

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. Red was such an interesting color to use. I am looking forward to seeing where it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is really cool to be on your shoulder watching it happen. Love the addition of the TL blue!

    ReplyDelete