Monday, January 25, 2016

The rest of the story...

... or How Acrylic Changed My Life. In my effort to learn to use and like acrylic paint, I have been focusing on the feel of the paint from brush to surface and upon the application technique of color and value.

On Fridays I always work in pastel for my Daily Paintworks Gallery. Last Friday I brought home an unfinished painting, a close-up view of a flower arrangement. Today, as I went back to it, something from acrylic must have transferred to this little painting because I was oblivious of the whole (all 35 square inches of it) and instead, submersed in color and marks. Love the abstracted quality and I'm glad that what I have been teaching my hand over ruled my brain.





1-23-16 Among Friends, pastel, 7x5 inches

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Sue. Having worked in nuances and veils of color for so long, going back to this technique is interesting to me.

    ReplyDelete