Saturday, June 3, 2017

Gesso on Fredrix?

Every once in a while, I stumble across a new art supply in my Studio. At some point I NEEDED it but then got busy with something else. I have Fredrix pads of canvas sheets in white and black. That started me thinking about painting small oil paintings this summer to warm up for larger work in the Fall. But, I don't want to accumulate more paintings so I created my Super Summer Sale. So far I've completed three paintings (shown below). Each of these is on the DailyPaintworks Auction for $25 plus FREE shipping. The auctions last 7 days. Take a look.

Now to the title of this post: Gesso on Fredrix? I'm not a fan of the texture of the Fredrix canvas sheets. I'd like a smoother surface so today I applied gesso to the canvas. It is drying now, I'll let you know if I like it.

Applying gesso to Fredrix canvas sheet.

Frosty Morning, oil, 6x6  sold

Wanderlust, oil, 6x6

Holiday Creek, oil, 6x6

No comments:

Post a Comment