Saturday, January 2, 2021

2021 is here!

A couple days ago, when we took the Christmas tree down, Jay left to do errands and I launched into a total revamp of the great room. Regardless of my age, if I can still move furniture, I figure I'm OK. It's a challenge to move everything into adjoining spaces to be able to turn the carpet around. Wear tennis shoes so you don't slip. When Jay came home he snapped this photo of me.


I started thinking about why I rearrange my Studio and home spaces so often. Psychology Today says: "An impact on the environment, whether an imprint or a removal, lifts mood, provides concrete satisfaction, and instills a sense of effectiveness. Inner and outer harmony happen when the pieces are placed in a way that makes sense for you. Think about feng shui: 'What feng shui decorating means is that you create an environment that has the best energy to support the specific activity intended for that space.' (Rodika Tchi) As you rearrange your personal space, you hone your aesthetic and identify what you truly love, want or need. Such specificity brings relief. Research shows that meaningful hand use elevates mood." Hmmm....

Anyway, back to my intended post for this new year. My one question to myself for 2021 is 'How do I want to use my time?' I spend too much time online. Why do I do that? It is because I have created an online world that needs maintenance.
 
I sell work online through my Daily Paintworks Gallery, my Etsy Shop, my primary website, and PSG SAVOR Gallery and I'm starting to think about e-commerce on Instagram and Facebook. I sell my work to make room in my Studio for more. 

I like sharing what I have learned and seeing what others are doing. Now that I no longer teach in person, I stay connected with others online through Blogs, Instagram and Facebook. Besides this Art Journal Blog, I have a Golden Years blog, a Mill Pond Cottage blog and a Recent Paintings blog. I post to three accounts on Instagram: BarbaraBenedettiNewton (artwork), BBNewtonArtStudio (studio tips) and the new MillPondCottage (creating a life of balance). Facebook: A business page, a personal page, a group page and a page Facebook created for me.

So, how do I (and how do you) want to spend 2021? I'm thinking about it. Happy New Year everyone. 

P.S. I think I fixed my comments section (after the spammer issue) and I welcome your thoughts about how you will be enjoying 2021. 


No comments:

Post a Comment