Friday, May 7, 2021

On the easel, mentoring

ON THE EASEL

If you remember my post of April 13th, here is what happened to that painting since then. I'm still working with the bowl scraper instead of a brush. Sometimes I add cold wax medium, sometimes I don't. For this one I'm using a 50/50 mix of OMS and linseed oil as the medium. I'm letting this dry a little; thinking about what comes next.

MENTORING: I have mentored some of you, both online and in person. With the onset of the pandemic, I put mentoring on hold. I guess I'm back, in some form, due to this great opportunity for you. Note: I'm not the only mentor is this offer! There are others to choose from. 

I’m writing to let you know of a great opportunity through Puget Sound Group of Northwest Artists (PSG). Last month, the membership requirements in this prestigious organization (founded in 1928) were revamped. Membership is now open without a rigorous jury process. PSG meetings are currently by Zoom, we have an online gallery - SAVOR, an upcoming online Summer Sale and our Great Annual NW Art Exhibit in September 2021.

To introduce this change, PSG is offering a FREE critique of eight of your paintings by one of our five mentors.  Join us and schedule your free critique. Here is a link to the Mentor pageIf you have questions about PSG or about the critique, I’m happy to answer them. Happy painting to you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment