Thursday, July 15, 2021

Reworking an 8 year old recluse

Look what I found tucked behind my pastel easel. Arboretum Winter Color painted in 2013. It got as far as framing but then I unframed it to have it photographed for one of my print publishers. Because it was quite large, I tucked it safely away against the wall, unframed, and forgot about it. When I came across it last week, it begged to be reworked.

Arboretum, Winter Color, pastel, 24x24 inches, 2013.
Painted using the same scene as the reference photo.

Took some liberties with the scene and color and reworked the painting. I am interested to see how my pastel strokes have matured in eight years. Very happy with the new version. 

Arboretum, Winter Color, pastel, 24x24 inches,
©2021 Barbara Benedetti Newton




No comments:

Post a Comment