Friday, October 20, 2023

Where have I been?

I am shocked to realize I haven't posted here since June! Yikes. Where have I been? Right here, in our new location on Vashon Island, WA. I gave myself a major attitude adjustment about my mini studio. After that, good stuff happened: my work has been selling, I found my place in the local art community and there is hope for a larger space for me to frame art. Yay! 

I will serve as the new Treasurer for the local art non-profit, Vashon Island Visual Artists (VIVA) and have taken on Instagram and Facebook posts for the local artist collective gallery, Swiftwater Gallery. Both jobs are good fits for me. 

As I approach a milestone birthday, I look back on this blog at the lists of goals I have made in previous years. Hmmm...I'll think about that. Until then, advice from this older artist is: Attitude is everything.

I will make more of an effort to be present on this blog. I can no longer see who my subscribers are so I I hope you all have joined my subscriber list on my website. 

Here is a blurb from a recent VIVA newsletter. Happy Fall. 




No comments:

Post a Comment