Friday, June 3, 2016

Are you a slave to your reference photo?

I was emailing with an accomplished pastel artist the other day who remarked that he has trouble distancing himself from what he sees in his reference photo.  I suggested changing the reference photo with Photoshop Elements to reflect the vision of the scene he sees in his mind. My example here is a photo my husband took for me while walking the dog.
Left, original. Middle, composition adjustment, Right, color adjustment. 

Playing with the clone tool.







Dog Walk, pastel, 7 x 5 inches


2 comments:

  1. Barbara,
    That is just beautiful! Can you explain how you used the clone tool to get that effect please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use the clone tool to copy an area and apply that area over another area that I want to get rid of. It is like painting over an error. To really understand this tool, just google it Photoshop Clone Tool or, I'll bet there is a YouTube video. I have the book Photoshop for Dummies.

      Delete