Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Lola to date

Voila! My impression of Lola in acrylic. For many days I was hung up on making this LOOK LIKE LOLA. It was torture and I'm tired of talking to myself about her eyes, her mouth, her little teeth. Finally I decided to give up and try to capture the essence of the day. Sunshine and the happiness of a cold Popsicle. All of a sudden Lola was there and I can quit fussing over her.

I am forming some opinions about acrylic which I'll keep to myself for now. I'm glad I'm persevering with this medium but I'm not sure about our long-term relationship because I still don't enjoy the actual application of the medium. Working on my attitude.





2 comments:

  1. Hi Barbara: You have not solicited advice, but if you will, I would like to offer some. I think she is lovely, but I think you should take another look at her legs. Perhaps they are too light -when I cover them with my hand, her face pops out beautifully. The brightness of her legs stops me from her beautiful face. I feel the brightness of the sun more than the joy of the child. I hope you aren't offended by this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon, I agree even though she has very light complexion - that is why the post is called Lola to Date...I'm still working on her. She is the product of an online class and I'm waiting feedback from the instructor. Thanks for your observation.

    ReplyDelete