Sunday, June 5, 2016

Are you a slave to your reference photo? Part II

This post is actually about two things: adjusting your reference photo and my UArt trial.

As a reminder, here is the reference photo I started with before adjusting it in Photoshop. I adjusted the color and painted a little pastel (See previous post). Then, I tweaked the color again in Photoshop and began another painting with the reference photo shown below.

Today I tried UArt 600 grit paper for the first time. I used archival spray adhesive to mount it on archival 4-ply rag mat. Then, applied NuPastel and dissolved the pigment and moved it around with a brush dipped in alcohol. Let it dry and start painting.



Wooded Trail, pastel, 7x5 inches, sold

1 comment:

  1. Barbara, I love how you modified and enhanced your original. This is so much more vibrant and interesting.

    ReplyDelete