Friday, June 27, 2014

eight weeks and beginnings

Eight weeks ago, I began painting 5x7 inch oil still lifes then moved on to 6x6 inches. Four weeks ago, I started posting them on Daily Paintworks and on my Studio Sale blog. They received a warm welcome.  Today I have only one painting left and I have a problem:  Two of my galleries want to show my work of this type, framed of course. One gallery needs a dozen paintings for a Featured Artist event in the fall. So, it is bittersweet that next week I will post my last painting of this series on DPW and turn my attention to filling my gallery commitments.

Beginnings, oil, 5x7 inches
Currently, "Beginnings" is available for purchase on my Studio Sales blog but I plan to post it on DPW Monday, June 30th for a 7 day auction. My sincere thanks to all who have purchased these little scenes. You have each played a part in encouraging me to explore a new direction.



No comments:

Post a Comment