Friday, January 13, 2017

Voila! Mystery Solved (maybe)

Today my brain recalled more of the details of my mystery of years ago. I logged into my Comcast Email and VOILA! there, in the SPAM folder, were all my posts and all the emails and comments from YOU letting me know that you have been receiving my posts but for some, they started ending up in your spam folder. I suspect this pertains to those of you who have Comcast like I do. 

So, I called Comcast and explained my past experience of someone reporting my post as spam instead of unsubscribing and that created a spam filter that blocked emails. They looked and say they saw a spam filter on my account causing the problem and they say they fixed it. The real test will be tomorrow to see if I get this by regular email or if it ends up stuck in the service provider spam folder again. At the bottom of each post delivery there is this text (but it is small). 

You are subscribed to email updates from Barbara Newton Art Journal.
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.


I understand that sometimes blogs become irrelevant to our current lives. Please unsubscribe instead of reporting as spam! Thank you so much everyone! I am cheered to know that we are still communicating. If you have a blog, be sure you are on your own distribution list or you won't realize that this has happened.  I have just added the label "The Business of Art" to this post. Did you know you can search posts via labels?

Now, back to art. Yesterday, I painted the horizontal version of my 2007 painting Wild Meadow and I'm very happy with it! Seeing how my style has evolved over the past 10 years is interesting to me. Look for that in your own work.

Wild Meadow Dream, pastel, 5x7 inches sold
Thank you R.P. for adding this one to your collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment