Sunday, January 1, 2017

White on Black

I'm back at it, trying to make art videos. I KNOW it has to be easier than my trial and error methods.

Several weeks ago gathered up scraps of sanded paper and gave them a coat of black acrylic paint.

This morning I began a 6x6 inch painting. I wanted to give myself a foundation of the darkest value (the black paper) and the lightest value (white pastel). I made an eight minute video that will be 4 minutes long when you view it. I am such a novice at this, I'm sure I have subscribers and followers who are getting a good laugh. Trying to teach an old dog new tricks. If I did everything right, you should be able to see the video below. Otherwise, it is available on YouTube here.

White on Black demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-dv9ZY5P5A

Reference photo for this painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment