Friday, May 1, 2020

A New Paint-Along 5-1-2020


I'm starting a new Paint-Along with a friend. We'll be using her reference photo. I'll be painting on Centurion Deluxe Oil Primed Linen, 12 x 9 inches, panel.

1. Draw lines on your reference photo. I printed my reference on 8-1/2 x 11 inch glossy photo paper as a 7x5 inch image. I drew my white lines in PhotoShop but a Sharpie pen will work directly on the photo.

2. Draw the same lines LIGHTLY in graphite pencil on your stretched canvas or panel. LIGHTLY is key. If lines are too dark, lift off excess graphite with reusable adhesive.

Watch for the next step.

4 comments:

  1. Happy May Day Barb and Jay!
    I haven't received my paints yet but my sister is bringing the mineral spirits and brush cleaner today from Mclendons where she works, exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a glass scraper to clean your glass oil palette? It holds a razor blade. Let me know if you need a photo of one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I do....wondering if I should sand/tape edge of glass?

    ReplyDelete