Sunday, May 10, 2020

Help from nice neighbors

Social distancing and self-isolating suits me. The numerous volunteer positions I have signed up for are basically on hold due to the pandemic so I have each day to myself. I paint, I garden, I clean the house. Most days I cook dinner. Sometimes we eat "Refrigerator" for dinner.

For those who follow my work, you know I have painted many, many still life paintings of my "stuff." Also, it has been a long-term plan to paint interior scenes of our home and this year I have completed a couple.

New Year's Day, oil, 12x10 
Study for Easy Chair, oil, 10x8 

I'm still working on Easy Chair, 20x 16
Looking around my house...hmmm...I find myself uninspired with MY stuff as subjects for paintings. I need new subjects to paint as interiors or still life. I'm looking out my nice clean windows (thanks to my husband) out to the clear air of the world during this pandemic...over to neighboring houses. Aha! My neighbors Marci and Corrin have lots of stuff to paint. I texted them this morning to see if they would be willing to do a photo-shoot for me of their selected items and interiors. Nice neighbors, they said yes! This will be fun. From the outside view, their homes are similar but they have different decorating styles.

I will share my guidelines for taking reference photos for a good still life set-up and let you know how this Helpful-Neighbors Project goes. I just created a label for searching called Helpful Neighbors Project because this may take a while and posts won't be in sequence. You can search by the label.




No comments:

Post a Comment